Affordable , energy efficient high speed nearline storage
If your content is outgrowing your archive, if you're concerned about securely replicating your primary data, ECHO 36 is the solution. It's massive, safe, fast and flexible.
Suitable for broadcasters, large post houses and dedicated media archives that have 24/7 data requirements.
Unique technology developed by GB Labs to deliver consistent high performance through Ethernet. Using standard sharing protocols and no client side software, NAS convenience meets SAN performance.
Feature rich operating system full of workflow tools designed for real-world media environments. These work seamlessly in the background allowing you to do what you do best – create.
Benefiting from economies of scale, ECHO 36 is capable of storing vast amounts of data and is massively scalable.
ECHO 36 is highly energy efficient because it is cooler running, giving you performance, while saving on energy and therefore cost.
GB Labs storage is developed for total cross platform compatibility, allowing PC, Mac and Linux platforms to collaborate and share data freely and efficiently.
High data rates for consistent levels of performance with multiple users working in a high-resolution environment.
How ECHO 36 can help you
Massive tier 2 storage is becoming a vital resource for media organizations that see their primary archive as the heart of their facility. The nearline is treated as the exchange hub where files are imported, backed up, shared, transferred to specialist editing, grading and playout servers, and transcoded for distribution.
Benefiting from economies of scale, ECHO 36 is capable of storing vast amounts of data and is massively scalable. Suitable for broadcasters, large post houses and dedicated media archives that have 24/7 data requirements.
ECHO 36 EX SAS expansion units can be connected to the ECHO 36 platform to grow the storage dramatically. Unit sizes ranging from 64 TB to 320TB can be added quickly and without interruption.
Different capacity units can be mixed and a single volume can grow as your needs require. Data stays in place while dramatic re-sizing can be achieved instantly, eliminating costly down time.
can therefore suffer complete failure or even removal without serious
issue as the secondary system will go live within 10 seconds and any
incoming new data will be held and then safely written after failover
- Unit Dimensioins H13.2, W43.7, D64.8cm (H5.1", W17.2", D25.5")
- Package one weight (inc packaging) 41Kg (90.3lbs)
- Dimensions of package one (inc packaging) 100x68x37cm (39.3"x26.7"x14.5")
- Additional two packages weight (inc packaging) 2x 15Kg (2x 33lbs)
- Dimensions of additional packages (inc packaging) 2x 43x28x33cm (2x 18.8"x11"x12.9")
- Input Range 100 - 240 VAC, 50-60Hz
- Power Requirements Standby 33W
- Power Requirements Full load 570W
- PSU Safety / EMC - USA-UL listed. Canada-CUL listed, Germany-TUV Certified, EN60950/IEC 60950-Compliant, CB Report, CCC Certification 80 PLUS gold certified
- Operating Temperature Range 10 - 35C
- Non-Operating Temperature range -40 - 70C
- Operating Humidity Range 8 -90% non-condensing
- Non Operating Humidity Range 5 - 95% non-condensing
- 4U rack mount form factor ( Rack mounts included)
- 34 ‘hot swap’ high performance 3.5” enterprise class drive units
- 2 x Enterprise SSD OS Drives
- RAID 6 operation for data protection
- Dual redundant 1400W removable PSUs
- Expandable capacity and performance using Echo36 EX SAS expansion and additional controllers
- 2 off 1G Ethernet (GbE) ports client/server connections
- 2 off 40/10G Ethernet (GbE) SFP+ ports for client/server connections
- 1 off 1G Ethernet (GbE) For system administration
- Option for additional 40GbE, 25GbE, 10GbE and 1GbE Ethernet ports
- 1 off IPMI Ethernet port for hardware monitoring
- USB 2.0/3.0
- 1 year advanced replacement warranty on PSUs and drives
- 1 year return to base warranty on other parts
please fill in the form below and one of our technical advisors will be in contact with you shortly.