QA TEST ENGINEER
Aldermaston, United Kingdom
About GB Labs
GB Labs is a global leader in providing shared storage solutions to some of the world's biggest names in broadcast and media, with the systems designed and manufactured at our head office in Berkshire where we also provide support for our products.
We are looking for a QA Test Engineer, to plan and implement new processes to ensure the quality of our products remain at the very highest standards.
About the role
Based in our Berkshire office you will be responsible for:
- Assuring software releases match internal and external expectations in terms of reliability and functionality, focusing on:
- Documentation of test processes and results
- Product release testing
- Identify faults – provide the development team with guidance on how to replicate and test relevant solutions with the development team
- Feature testing – to ensure that new features behave as designed and specified
- Identify improvements – working with the product owner and development team to schedule improvements into the roadmap
- Acting as an internal point of contact for technical questions regarding the performance and features of standard products
- Liaising with an external testing facility and creating automated test cases from the real-world testing carried out in-house
- Support technical author on product updates for the user manuals and other supporting documentation
- Check compliance with software release notes
- Maintain test environment and equipment.
Salary£30k to £45k depending on experience
You will have a passion and enthusiasm for meticulous quality and improvement as well as know what it takes to make customers happy. Quick on the uptake you should also be a natural problem solver with a methodical and pragmatic approach, with a good background in testing and documentation ideally with a ticketing system. Along with all this you will also be a well organised, self-motivated and flexible person that can take the initiative and work well within a team. This is a demanding role and requires someone that can “hit the deck running” with hand-on testing and documentation, as well as designing a robust automation test strategy for the future.
- Strong hands-on technical abilities
- Minimum 4 years of experience within a multi-level hardware/software QA environment
- Experience in designing and executing test procedures
- Well organised and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to work with many different projects and appreciate priorities
- Eligible to work in the UK
Extra points for having these
- Some experience with automated front end test tools like Selenium or Katalon Studio
- A background in Network Attached Storage products
- An understanding of software development processes and agile methodologies
Ready for your next challenge? Apply here
Email your CV to